Saturday, 5 March 2011

Here's one I made earlier...

...almost 2 years ago, in fact.

I had been in the garden - out the back - and came indoors to be told that I had just missed a mighty kerfuffle in the front garden, when a Sparrowhawk turned up.  It had caught a Blackbird and was currently devouring it in the hedge bottom, just outside the window.  I grabbed a camera and took some stills but then, as I realised the bird would be there for some time, it dawned on me to try and get some video, albeit through the glass.  It turned out reasonably well and I'm pleased that I have a lasting record of the event.  I don't often see Sparrowhawks in the garden and the only other casualty I can remember is a bird (I seem to recall it was a Starling) that was attacked and then left behind by the predator.

I did not know if the Sparrowhawk in my film was male or female; I was initially advised that it was male and later (in the You Tube comment) informed that it is female.



1 comment:

  1. I think this is a splendid video. The only thing that annoys me is that I was at work and didn't see it for myself - but the video is the next best thing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...